Friday, October 01, 2004

Just Stopping By

I haven't really had much to write for the past few days, but I feel like I'm neglecting my duties as a blogger. I've been obsessing over what are the lowest test scores that I can make and still maintain an A average. Wish I would have had this kind of motivation in high school. Annie called a while ago with a major crisis. Here's how it went:

(ring, ring)

Hello?

(garbled cell phone road noise and screaming into the cell phone) "Holly, OMG, there is a fucking frog in my car."

Annie, where are you?

I'M ON THE SIDE OF THE FUCKING ROAD AND THERE'S A FUCKING FROG IN MY CAR!!!

Ok, Annie. Stop crying and listen to me. Just find something to scoop it out with and th...

ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY??? I'M NOT GETTING BACK IN THE GD CAR!! THERE'S A FROG IN THERE!!

Ok, Annie...hold on a second. (I click over and dial Rachel on the other line) Rachel, Annie is on the other line and she's standing on the side of the road in hysterics because there's a frog in her car. I need you to go to where she is and get the frog out.

I'm not touching a frog. If Annie wouldn't touch it, why would I?

Because, Rachel, she will be standing on the side of the road crying all damn day.

I don't care. I'm not touching the frog.

Fine...bye. (I click back over.) Annie...where are you? (garbled conversation of strange men in background) Annie?

Ok..there are some men here and they're getting it out. I'll call you later.

Ok..bye.

(ring, ring)

Hello?

Ok..I left my car at Walgreen's. Rachel is going to go get it and drive it. Do you have a wet-vac?

Yeah, why? Because I have to clean my car out now. There's no telling what the frog actually touched in there. It makes me physically ill just to think about it.

Ok, Annie. The frog thing is stressing me out and I need to figure my grades so I'll talk to you later. Bye.

Bye.

That was actual conversation taken right out of the annals of my life. Scary, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home