Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I've Got 99 Problems

And my bitchy sister is one of them. So...Annie is going to be 27 years old on Sunday. Most of us are fairly settled into life and routine by then. Not Annie of course. She was married to the father of her 7 year old daughter for a year. The longest she's ever held a job is probably 19 months. Well...she may have been at Hollywood video slightly longer. She hates her friends as much as they hate her. So anyway...she calls me a couple of days ago to ensure that I'm going to make her a birthday dinner of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Not just any mashed potatoes..they need to be kind of lumpy but creamy with the skins still on and crumbled bacon, grated cheese and green onions served on the side for topping. So..being the kind and decent person that I am, I agreed. So..I set about inviting friends and family members for a small, casual gathering in honor of her birthday. Then, yesterday she called Shirlynn (sister #1) to let her know that she will not be coming to her own bday party because it's 30 miles to my house and gas is really expensive. Then she calls mom to say that she will not be eating for the entire month of August and possibly September because she is broke. Now..I should have seen this coming...things were getting way too smooth in her life. No crazy thug boyfriend, good job, custody issues settled, same house for 2 years, and..this was the kicker..new car. Well, new to her. And apparently the 98 Lumina is going to drain her bank account. Oh well...how about if I just buy her lots of chicken and potatoes for her birthday and she can eat that all month.

And yes...I admit, I'm a Jay-Z fan...what about it?

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2004 7:39 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Just in case someone was worrying that a perfectly healthy 27 year old was starving to death...this is mid-September and I'm pretty sure she's not going without meals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home