Thursday, July 15, 2004

Back In The Day

Did you ever notice how much hotter 100 degrees is when you are over 30? We had soccer practice today..just like we do 3 days every week. This time, though, it was 100 degrees. I'm standing in the shade sweating my ass off telling my daughter on water breaks that it's almost over and she can handle it. Does that make me a horrible mother? I just keep going back to when I was 11 and I always played outside. Without fail, every day of the summer. I don't ever remember complaining that it was too hot. I mean, I realize that I wasn't running wind sprints and wearing 4 pounds of leg covering, but still. So I don't know...I'm just stressing about whether or not I'm some horrible slave driver. I just keep thinking...I'm paying an assload of money for her to play on this team. I have to make her practice. I'm thinking..ok..it was an hour and 45 minutes, but hey..she lived through it. No passing out. Only minimal delirium. (Ok..just kidding about that.) AND she came home..stripped down to her underwear in the back yard and played for 2 hours in the pool. So..I'm not so bad..right?

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2004 7:43 AM, Blogger Jilleyn said...

The coaches shouldn't hold practice when it's that hot. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my Effexor lull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home