Saturday, September 18, 2004

Memories Are Never Misty or Water-Colored

Some memories are more vivid than you wish they were. And they usually pop up at the worst possible times. Well...or maybe it's just that you were kinda hoping you could put some things behind you. And sometimes you think that growing up means growing past things. Then those freakin non-misty flashes remind you of a day when you had that...I don't know...passion about life. Why do some people find each other and never let go? Kinda like me and Jill. I think that if I have a soulmate, it's Jill. Not in some lesbian fantasy, Jay. Just that way that no matter what or who comes in and out of our lives, we still have that connection. And why do some people find each other and never let go but pretend they do in search of....I don't know what? And do you think that all of the things that transpire during that searching can somehow alter the connection in the end? Or is all of this ridiculous and I'm just some hopeless romantic trying to hang on to life that didn't require so much?

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2004 7:45 AM, Blogger Jilleyn said...

I have figured out why I pine for those types of moments/memories. Those types of memories - certain people, certain places - connect me with the feelings I used to have of trust. If I was in a situation where I trusted the other person, I remember it now. No trust, no memory. I will crying in your arms a few months ago. Other than that, this past year is a brief flash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home