Friday, July 09, 2004

Sex, Lies, and Videotape

Ok..So this post has absolutely nothing to do with sex or videotape, but it sounded good. Really it's just about lies. And I've been pondering lies. I mean really pondering. You might even say I've been examining them. There are so many degrees and levels of lies and I'm trying to decide if one degree or level causes more damage than another. See..Here's my experience with lies and those who tell them (which will hereafter be referred to as "liars"): Jeremy (the fucking ididot-for those who have not been introduced) was a habitual/compulsive and possibly pathological liar. I've not really researched the degrees involved there, but I know that he was right on the edge of being treatable. He would lie to me about miscellaneous subjects for miscellaneous reasons. He once came home and told me this whole story about this old man on his job site that had a heart attack and dropped dead..Right there on the job! He gave details about how scared everyone was and what disbelief was being murmured among the other construction crews. It was truly a story that tugged at the heart strings. About 2 days later I show up at the job site to have lunch with him and there's the old man. Presumably resurrected. I mean..I heard an hour long eulogy about it just 48 hours before. I can only assume that he did that kind of thing for his own entertainment. On another level, Ken lied to me in a whole different kind of way. When he tried it out, he just failed to tell the truth. Some may not consider that a lie, but I think it's the worst kind of lie, once discovered. When someone hides something very important (like taking another woman to lunch and calling her repeatedly from your office)it seems to cause paranoia. The straight-out liar is usually easy to recognize and you can just call bullshit when you see it. The playing field is pretty level. So...So far we have two levels/degrees...The straight-out fucking idiot liar and the hide-the-truth liar. Then there's that in between thing where you have someone that tells half-truths and straight-up lies. Those are the worst. You become paranoid AND you have to call bullshit. The bad thing about paranoia is that it always wins. Once it sets in, it is always the overwhelming emotion in your life. You see the bullshit AND you try to call it but then you wonder...If this is what I see and know to be bullshit, what must they be hiding?..(hence the paranoia). I don't know..I just don't get the lying thing. I know when I've lied, it was only to cover my ass. I don't know why else there would be necessity to lie. So when someone lies to me, I assume that they are covering their own ass. And some liars have their asses in a sling as it is and aren't really limber enough to be reaching around the sling to cover their ass. So maybe those liars should concentrate more on getting their ass out of the sling that is about to send them spread-eagle flying over the wall of what-was-once-their-life and concentrate less on covering their ass. That's all I've got to say about that. Oh..And I love you, Jill.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2004 7:45 AM, Blogger Jilleyn said...

Just for the reader(s) who might be confused, it is not me who is lying. And I love you too Holly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home