Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunburn, Sore Throat and Second Place

Those are the things we brought back from the Joplin Invitational. It was a good time. We didn't lose a game. 2 games on Saturday: both 1-1 ties. 2 games on Sunday: both 1-0 wins. My daughter was wonderful.

Warning: Overly-proud, gushy description of my goalie superhero ahead:

I'll just say that overall..she was incredible. The coach said she played better than he's seen her play in 2 seasons. She looked good. (Thanks, B. Now that I can say that in person here.) Your work is paying off. The most exciting part though...she sent a girl off the field in an ambulance. Don't get me wrong here, I don't encourage injurious behavior. It's amazing the feeling you get when your child has done so well, though, and worked so hard that somebody is paying the price in bodily injury. I don't know where it comes from. I hope it's some primal instinct over which I have no control. Either way...I liked it. I'm glad the girl wasn't hurt badly. It turned out to be a deep tissue bruise and she'll probably only be out a week or two. It is a strange pride though. What does that say?

In other news: Due to recent events, I may be calling it quits on the blog. I have found myself in the middle of shit that I never wanted in the middle of to begin with and that shouldn't be happening. Beyond that, I'm finding that people who (or is it whom?) I thought were honest with me, are not. And I'm offended by it. And if any of those people feel the need to talk to me about it now that I know who (or is it whom?) all of you are...feel free. You know I love all 3 of you in spite of the names you call or accusations you make.

5 Comments:

At April 04, 2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Jilleyn said...

Not worth it. I don't want to know anything anyway. I just want to stay out of it. Plus, you know, I'M HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!!

 
At April 04, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

Hey, now. Wouldn't it be possible to just kind of, like, ignore the shit, and keep blogging?
Just wondering, because I've enjoyed your ramblings.

 
At April 04, 2005 11:07 PM, Blogger Pops said...

Yeah, don't stop blogging. Fuck them. My oldest son just started T-ball and I need you here to tell me I'm not insane for getting all geeked out and psychotic when he plays. Otherwise I may start to suspect that I'm not... normal.

 
At April 06, 2005 12:43 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Jill, Pops, & Larry:

You're right.

I don't say things here that I don't feel. I deserve to have my say..right? I'm allowed to have an opinion and it doesn't have to suit everyone. And if you don't like it, you don't have to freakin' read it. And if you read it anyway, that's your damn problem.

There, I feel better.

In other news: you will not find me posting of lurid affairs or plans to steal my sisters' inheritance. Just in case they keep reading, you know?

 
At April 06, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Jilleyn said...

Man, now we have to read about the cows in your backyard and shit. Boring. Oh well. I'm sure you'll write a good story about them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home