Thursday, March 24, 2005

I Think I Can, I Think I Can, I Think...

Today I am going to finish my lab report that's due in 2 days. What's that? You laugh? You scoff? Well, watch me. I know I can do it. Nevermind that I've had 2 months to do it. Nevermind that I have 3 more labs due in the next month. I can do this, I tell you. So why are you blogging then, Holly? Is that what you ask? Well, because I want to reward myself with a break now because I might not be able to take one later. Makes perfect sense to me.

Why do I procrastinate? I tell myself it must be because I work better under pressure. And I do. I can get things done all at once if I know I have to AND I can make it wonderful. At least, that's what I think. I mean..I don't remember a time I finished something without being under pressure. It's almost like some kind of high for me. Why do suppose that is?

I've lost 5 pounds. I haven't actually weighed myself. I'm just going by those jeans that won't go on after that certain last pound. I'm wearing them. That makes me happy.

My baby sister called last night. She got a place of her own. She's so excited. She's paying too much money to live on the good side of town. She's driving too far to get to school, but it's just 5 miles from her job. She needs me to make a list of all the things you need in a new place. The little things she will overlook, you know, "like toilet paper and shit." And she needs me to go furniture shopping with her this weekend. And she needs to know if I think it's appropriate to have a house-warming party when you move into an apartment because she really wants a toaster oven and vacuum cleaner. And she wants to know if Shirlynn can get her a good deal on a washer and dryer with the Whirlpool discount. And she wonders if I will let her babysit the girls at her new place. And she wonders if I'm happy that she's on the 3rd floor since I was so worried with that serial rapist guy sneaking in bottom floor windows and doors. And...oops...her lunch break is over and she has to go. Anyway..don't forget the list. She'll call tomorrow. (Oh to be nineteen again.)

I had a bad mother day yesterday. One of those days when I yelled about too many things and threatened too many times with things I never followed through on. I just get so tired some times. You really want to know how bad it was? We had oatmeal for dinner. I just couldn't get into "mommy" mode for some reason. I'm glad it's a new day. I bet they are too.

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 6:23 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

If school is supposed to prepare you for life, then you're doing the right thing. No on ever gets more than two days to do something (except Congress). Why learn how to burn two months?

 
At March 25, 2005 12:27 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

OMG! You're a procrastinator too?! We should totally sign up for a support group!

I dont know what it is about procrastination, but I thrive on it, and really, a lot of my best work has been done 5 hours before it was due. Weird, huh?

Speaking of which, I know you probably are, but try not to put your sis' list off to the last minute.

And oatmeal for dinner? My mom had one of those days, and so she cut an apple up and said, "HERE!" Never again did we make her mad before dinner...maybe your kids will do the same!

 
At March 27, 2005 11:05 AM, Blogger jericmiller said...

update? did you make it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home