Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning...

Ahhhh. I woke up this morning with a fresh new look on life. Maybe it's the sunshine. Maybe it's the end of a menstrual hell. Maybe it's that I've re-thought some big issues. Either way....Hello, World. It's nice to see you today.

It has occurred to me that, although some people seem worth saving, many people don't want to be saved from themselves. My husband, for example. He wants to go to the club in slacks and a button-down shirt. The club in question is not that kind of club. Plus, he just looks retarded on the dance floor with his loafers and beer-gut. Mind you...my husband is an attractive man. I've got no complaints there. He was just much better suited in the slacks and white buttondown 4 years and 40 pounds ago. So, I'm making him wear jeans. I told him that I'm only saving him from himself. You know what he said though? "I don't want to be saved. I want to be comfortable." Hmmmm...makes sense. Who am I to force him to go to the bar and feel out of sorts? There are others....that I wish to save, I mean. I think the clear indication is that they do not want to be saved. Moreover, the clear indication is that they don't want to be saved by me. So...ok. I'm good with that.

Now, I know that my husband will come running to me to be saved from himself on this or some other issue. That seems to happen in marriage....mine, anyway. Those others though....we'll see.

So, tonight begins the soccer marathon. Avery plays tonight then I have 16 days that include 3 tournaments, 8 regular season games, 12 practice and traing sessions and a mad dash to keep up with my sanity. It's exciting stuff. I thrive on it, really. Which is probably an indication that my sanity has far surpassed me and I'm just running in its dust. But...either way...it'll be fun.

Today's a good day. I'm just taking stock today. Some people are back. I'm happy about that. And how lucky am I that more than one person shows themself again in the same day? Some people are cycling back out. Not that I'm happy about that, but I can breathe. I can re-think and realize. Some things have disappeared....for the next 28 days anyway. Better than nothing when you've been waiting for the bastard to get the hell out. The important people are still here. Even the one's that went to the back of the line for awhile. It's a good day.

4 Comments:

At April 08, 2005 12:19 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

Thats really sweet you wanna save your husband.

If I were you, I'd take up "smoking", during the laundry chore. That way, when you're folding your husbands pants, which BTW, are inadvertently smeared with bacon grease, it wont exactly be your fault!

 
At April 08, 2005 4:59 PM, Blogger jericmiller said...

glad for your good day

 
At April 08, 2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

You mean there are clubs where slacks and button-down collar shirts are not cool? No way!
Also, your hubby dances? Even in loafers, this is pretty rare. Maybe you should count your blessings.
And finally, go ahead and try to save us all. You'll be miserable, but when you die it will be like the Pope's funeral, everybody saying you are a saint and should be canonized right now!

 
At April 11, 2005 10:58 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Larry,

My husband didn't wear the loafers, but he didn't really dance either. I may have killed his mojo. And..he only dances in various stages of drunkenness. Mainly the middle ones..after the barely-buzzed stage but before the are-these-actually-my-two-feet stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home