Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Pissing the Night Away

Ok..so, last night I had to go to my sister's house to feed her dog. (She had a date.) Now, she lives out at the lake on top of a hill. Thus, her driveway is mostly hill. You can, if you're not lazy, park at the bottom of the hill and hike up to the house. I forgot my backpack and water bottle, though, so I decided to park on the hill. I was driving my husband's truck and it's a standard shift. I don't normally drive it, so I'm not really familiar with all of the mechanics. I go in, wrestle with the dog to get him on the leash, drag him down the stairs and out the door to take care of his business. Once that was taken care of, I wrestled him back up the stairs, filled his food dish, went downstairs to write a note and grabbed a Bud Light from the refrigerator. I walk out the front door and immediately have that "something is odd but I can't put my finger on it" feeling. It was really dark so I was afraid maybe some opossum was waiting in the shadows to attack me or something. I slowly and cautiously start walking down the hill to my truck. (Did you catch that? "down the hill") About half way there, I hear "creeeak, creeeeeeak." I look up and, sure enough, the truck is oh-so-slowly rolling down the hill. At that moment I had to decide to run to it or run into the house and pee. I wasn't sure which issue was more pressing. I decided on catching the truck. It was quite an experience. And I think I did pee a little.

I've decided on a list of priorities for this week. It's part of my new, more organized life plan. I'm not sure how it's working out because the lists seem a little short on the priority side. Not to mention that I don't come up with the list until Tuesday. For example, this week I want to learn how to put links on my blog, find a Halloween costume, write my Spanish paper that's due on Thursday, and study for my history test. Pretty much in that order.

P.S. I'm also working on some catchier titles for my posts. Don't ask where it comes from, I'm not sure. This one was going to be "Holy Mary Mother of Jesus, You Just Pissed Yourself!" but I can't remember what movie I saw recently with that quote. You may think that is not a good reason not to use it, but it would really stress me out to keep looking at it and wondering where the hell I heard it.

Ok..off to learn some linking.

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2004 12:37 PM, Blogger MoonEyedGirl said...

I love catchy titles! What did you decide for your costume? I just bought this huge afro wig, but just because I liked it. I don't think I'll wear it for Halloween, though. I did, however, wear it at odd times today in the office. It was fun. I was thinking about Goth Raggedy Ann, complete with choker and a black wig rather than a red one, and black and white striped leggings. How's your spanish paper coming? P.S. I was a spanish tutor not too long ago...did four years of it, but still not freakin' fluent. Go figure.

 
At November 04, 2004 8:03 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Badder Santa...the midget says it to Billy Bob Thornton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home